Friday 18 September 2015

My Pepeha

This week I am sharing my Pepeha with you. A Pepeha is a Maori language way of sharing information about yourself. In this video I will tell you about these things: My mountain, river, canoe, tribe, smaller tribe, Marae, father, mother, brother, what my name is and where I live. I also have the English version of what I'm saying and the Maori version of what I'm saying.



Maori Version
English version 

Ko Taupiri toku Maunga 
Taupiri is my Mountain.
Ko Waikato toku Awa
Waikato is my River
Ko Tainui toku Waka
Tainui is my Canoe
Ko Ngati Waikato toku Iwi
Ngati Waikato is my Tribe
Ko Ngati Tipaa toku Hapu
Ngati Tipaa is my Sub-Tribe
Ko Te Kotahitanga toku Marae
Te Kotahitanga is my Marae
Ko Lehi Miller toku Papa
Lehi Miller is my Dad
Ko Kristina Simons toku Mama
Kristina Simons is my Mum
Ko Logan miller toku Tunane
Logan Miller is my Brother
Ko Georgia Miller toku Ingoa 
Georegia Miller is my name
No Heretaunga ahau
Heretaunga is where I live 
No reira tena koutou tena koutou tena tatau katoa  

Here is some photos

Taupiri/my mountain


Waikato/my river


Tainui/my canoe



Te Kotahitanga/my marae




1 comment:

  1. Hi Georgia, you did a great job learning your pepeha off by heart with dad at home. I was very impressed with your perseverence. Ka pai!

    ReplyDelete