Friday 26 June 2015

Matariki

I am blogging this because I love my poster and the rest of the work I have done.
I am proud of this because the way the poster came out was really great.

Success Criteria:
  • explains what the workshop was all about
  • shows why and how you enjoyed it (personal voice)
  • shares what you learnt
  • includes a photo of the activity (hopefully with you in it)
  • has that something extra special (e.g. instructions on how you could do the activity too)


Sewing was really fun because I got to do something that I have never done before. We got to make these denim wall hangings that were all different colours. We learnt to hand stitch some stars and do a special knot.  My wall hanging looks really cool and I got to have one of the best experiences yet. I felt really nervous when I went to sew because just before Mrs Beswick said that it really hurt when you sew your finger. My sewing machine was a bit old so it was hard to go slow and steady. It took me a while to get the hang of it but I got there in the end. We ironed the boat on and ironed the stars on as well. I found it amazing how I got to spend a day doing something really cool.










Success Criteria:


  • in your own words
  • summarises main ideas about Matariki
  • clear and easy to understand
  • has the creative “x factor”


This is my poster




2 comments:

  1. Your sewing project sounds cool - would love to see what you did. Sewing machines are great machines - I have my mum's old one - it's been going for years! You were also lucky to have Mrs Beswick - she is very skilled at sewing. I like how your stars open up on your poster (they look like they open up) - good idea as it makes people want to find out what it says - great thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Georgia, I have just seen your sewing in the office. Your wall hanging looks like you had to really follow instructions carefully to get it finished on time. You were very lucky to have Mrs Beswick organise this activity. I like the effort you made with your Matariki poster, you showed great determination to complete it in one afternoon. Love Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete