Sunday 8 November 2015

Poem

This week for writing I chose to right a poem. We had to choose a person to write it on. I chose my friend Rosemary. She was really pleased that I chose her. As you will see every 2 lines are rhyming. Her is the poem.

WALT choose words appropriate to writing purpose
Purpose: To Entertain
Text Type: Poem (Model)
Our Success Criteria
  • Use of adjective-noun with hyphen e.g. tall-story, biscuit-mugger
  • Change line after after every idea
  • Ideas are short - two or three well-chosen words
  • Use some alliteration e.g. full-of-fib fever 21`
  • Use some rhyming (Try Rhyme Zone)
  • Be true about the subject
  • Select line starters carefully (a variety)

(Left to Right)
Georgia (Me) & Rosemary

Rosemary

Dancing sensation
Great imagination
Little bit crazy
Not very lazy
Talented at singing
Loves to go swimming
Ten-decibel yeller
Smile seller
Loves to be tidy
Really quite fighty
Netball legend
Can give people lessons
Such a great friend
Always wears the trends
When I walk around the bend
I see a great friend
Strikes a pose
I am so lucky to have Rose!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Georgia, I loved this poem! You really summed up Rose beautifully with your choice of words. Lisa thought it was great too as it brought a tear to her eye. I've watched lots of Rosie's smiles lately at choir, pride assembly and kapa haka so she certainly is a smile seller! Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete