Friday 24 April 2015

My Descriptive writing


This week for writing we had to choose a scene and describe it from top to bottom. We had to use strong adjectives, different sentence starters and a simile.


I turn around and in front of my eyes I see the most amazing scene. The frosty mist hovering over the shiny lake is such a beautiful sight. Trees in the distance are drooping above the mist almost creating a tunnel. From behind the old bridge the sunrise is creeping up. It has the most magnificent colours. The bridge has three semi-circles underneath it. On the top it has fences on the side that would keep the cars from falling off it. Ripples in the lake are from the 2 ducks happily swimming around. At the front of the scene there are three lonely wooden poles standing up straight like a statue. The poles have reflections on the top of the water.   

2 comments:

  1. Awesome description Georgia! I love the picture you chose. My favourite part was the lonely poles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Georgia, my favourite words in this writing are 'drooping above the mist'. If I hadn't seen the picture before I read your description I think this is the picture I would've seen in my head. Nice work...xxx

    ReplyDelete